It’s hard not to like a company whose mission is to heal the world.
According to Purium, their driving force is The Million Mom Movement: empowering 1000 women in 100 communities to help 10 families each eat cleaner and greener.
If they can do it, it really could heal the world.
The question is whether they can.
Purium is a multi-level marketing company founded by Dave Sandoval — it was originally known as Organic by Nature — that sells products related to health and diet.
Purium Health believes in a holistic approach to life, with many of its products adhering to the principles of Naturopathy. The company’s flagship product is its 10-Day Transformation Program, which Purium Health’s website touts as “The FASTEST, healthiest, simplest weight loss program on the planet.”
1. What does Purium sell? Organic superfoods that support cleansing, weight loss, performance, family nutrition, and anti-aging.
2. What are Purium’s most popular products? The 10-Day Transformation weight-loss set is Purium’s most popular products because it promises to activate your “skinny hormone,” reset your metabolism, and kickstart fat burning.
3. How much does it cost to join Purium? You can enroll as a Purium Brand Partner by purchasing a starter kit at either $49 or $199.
4. Is Purium a scam? No, Purium is a real business offering real products. They are USDA Organic certified, Non-GMO Project verified, and Good Manufacturing Practice certified.
5. What is Purium’s BBB rating? F, for not responding to customer complaints.
6. How long has Purium been in business? Since 1993
7. What is Purium’s revenue? $47 million, as of 2015
8. How many Purium distributors are there? 30,000
9. What lawsuits have been filed? In 2011, the Environmental Research Center filed a lawsuit against Purium for violating health and safety codes by having lead in some of their products. 
So should you promote Purium?
Product-wise this company might be legit, but if you’re just interested in the business opportunity, there are better options out there…
Either way, here’s the full review on Purium.
As mentioned earlier, Purium Health’s main product is its 10-Day Transformation Program. The program promises you the chance to lose 5 to 20 pounds while also re-setting your metabolism in a 10-day span. The kit for the program includes a handful of the company’s products, as well as a gym bag, tape measure, and instructional guide.
In total, Purium Health has over 100 products that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Weight Loss – A series of shakes, supplements, and meal replacements, some of which are included in the 10-Day Transformation Program.
- Athletes – Shakes and supplements designed to enhance athletic performance, including a 10-Day Transformation Program specifically designed for athletes.
- Anti-Aging – Supplements and skin creams designed to fight the effects of aging, including products specifically geared toward joint health, heart health, and other specific parts of the body.
- Family Nutrition – A line primarily composed of meals and products designed for children’s health.
- Greens – Organic juices and supplements produced from a variety of green plants.
The company uses a Gift Card Marketing System in which they give members a set of $50 gift cards to distribute at their discretion. The distributors pay nothing for the gift cards, but they don’t receive any money until the gift cards are redeemed for a 10-Day Transformation kit, at which point they make $50, with an even bigger payday coming if the person redeeming the gift card also becomes a member.
The thinking behind this plan is that handing out gift cards can make it quick and easy to sign up new members, allowing you to grow the network under you, increasing the income you make on purchases made by others. Purium Health also has a slew of bonus and incentives for its distributors as they make their way up the company’s ranking system. The full list of bonuses is available on the company’s website.
Some pros about Purium:
The unique and rather simple compensation plan helps Purium Health stand out among other MLM companies. By using a gift card system, there is less pressure on making sales, as distributors are merely handing out opportunities to others to utilize the gift cards.
Obviously, you have to be judicious about how you hand out the gift cards, lest they go to waste, but a clever person will be able to figure out how to hand out the gift cards in a way that will produce an economic return. The company also sets up its distributors with training and support materials that can help teach them the right way to go about building their business.
Another way Purium Health distinguishes itself is the fact that the company employs a Naturopath, who offers free nutritional consultations to members. The Naturopath can recommend products based on your lifestyle and medical history to help you reach optimal levels of health. For anyone who takes a holistic approach to his or her health, this can be a big draw.
On top of this, Purium Health’s products have been certified organic, which is another plus for health-conscious people, as it confirms how serious the company is about creating and selling healthy products.
Some cons about Purium:
Unfortunately, there are some concerns with regard to Purium Health’s products, specifically its 10-Day Transformation Program. In addition to being expensive, costing more than $200 even with a $50 gift card, the validity of the 10-Day Transformation is not backed up by any clinical research. No independent studies have confirmed any of the claims made by Purium Health about its program. That doesn’t mean the program is a hoax, but obviously, there are no guarantees.
Moreover, the company recommends that anyone planning on attempting the 10-Day Transformation Program consult with their doctor before doing so. This is particularly true for anyone taking any medication, either prescription or over-the-counter, which is enough to make you question the program.
There have also been a slew of side effects reported by those participating in the 10-Day Transformation Program. The program is designed to flush toxins from your body, and so certain side effects are almost expected. Some side effects can be a sign that the program is working, but that doesn’t make them any less unpleasant, including nausea, headaches, and irritability.
One final issue to be aware of with Purium Health is the presence of several unresolved complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. In general, there have been few complaints filed against Purium Health, but its inability or unwillingness to resolve these complaints is somewhat troubling with regard to the company’s business practices and customer service.
Purium Health is nothing if not a unique multi-level marketing company. It’s certainly an interesting option for anyone looking for a quick and efficient weight-loss method or anyone with an interest in holistic living or Naturopathy. The compensation plan is also distinct from many MLM firms and could be a fruitful venture for someone with a sales and marketing background.
Its flagship product has not been independently verified or endorsed by the scientific community and should not be used without approval from a licensed physician. Just think about that.
Look, I’ve been involved with network marketing for over ten years so I know what to look for when you consider a new opportunity.
After reviewing 200+ business opportunities and systems out there, here is the one I would recommend: