It’s not a household name in the U.S. yet…
But Vestige is earning attention and a huge following across the globe.
We wish you “wellth” (wealth and wellness) is the slogan for this Indian MLM. And they certainly picked a good market — India is primed and so ready for direct selling to explode.
They’ve been in the game for over a decade and are continuing to grow.
1. What does Vestige Marketing sell? Vestige sells health and personal care products, Ayurveda products, air purifiers, tea and coffee, cleaning products, and agri products.
2. What are Vestige Marketing’s most popular products? Vestige doesn’t promote any one product as a signature solution. Instead, they have a wide range of products that could make them the go-to source for just about anything you need or want (think Amway). They’ve also created unique brands for different lines of products, probably hoping to build a perception of quality and exclusivity.
3. How much does it cost to join Vestige Marketing? It’s free to join, but it doesn’t get you anything. You need to buy 1100 Rupee’s worth of products (30 PV) to activate your ID. You should also buy a business kit, which costs 200 Rupees.
4. Is Vestige Marketing a scam? No, it’s a legitimate company with real products. Can you get rich with them? That’s the real question.
5. What is Vestige Marketing’s BBB rating? Since Vestige is located in India, they aren’t listed on the BBB.
6. How long has Vestige Marketing been in business? Since 2004
7. What is Vestige Marketing’s revenue? $127 million
8. How many Vestige Marketing distributors are there? 1.04 million
9. What lawsuits have been filed? No lawsuits are listed online.
So should you get involved?
Maybe, if it’s the products that interest you…
When it comes to the business opportunity, however, there are certainly better options out there.
Either way, here’s 12 startling realities about Vestige Marketing.
#12. Headquartered in India
The company was started in India, with its main headquarters in New Dehli.
Vestige Marketing opened up shop in 2004, so they’ve been around for over a decade now.
#11. Started by some entrepreneurial superstars
Vestige Marketing was started by three successful Indian entrepreneurs – Gautam Bali, Deepak Sood, and Kanwar Bir Singh.
Bali, the managing director, has been CEO at a number of notable direct selling companies before. He’s helped Vestige become one of India’s top 5 direct selling companies. 
Singh, Vestige’s IT Director, has years of experience heading software development teams at multi-national direct selling companies.
Sood, the company’s Director of Operations, is an operations expert with years of experience in everything from logistics to warehousing to networking.
#10. Over 1,040,000 independent distributors
Over a million distributors. Insane!
This company is huge. On top of that, they’ve also got over 1,000 full-time employees, 1,100 service centers, and 24 branch offices.
#9. Huge range of products
Vestige carries more products than your local drugstore.
They’ve even made it a goal to introduce 15 new products every year.
They fall under a variety of categories, although most are health, personal care, or cosmetics products. Here are some examples:
- Personal care products
- Oral care products
- Health care products
- Household products
#8. Four different brands
Vestige Marketing is also an umbrella for five different lines of product that they carry:
- Ayusante is a line of Ayurvedic health and wellness products
- Mistral of Milan is their line of high-end cosmetic products (better than Nerium or Jeunesse?)
- Truman Pour Homme is their line of men’s personal care products
- Skin Formula 9 is their line of advanced skincare products
- Hyvest is their line of home cleaning products
They’ve got a little bit of everything for everyone. They’re also playing off the European sophistication trend in their marketing – their cosmetics line is branded as Italian, their men’s products as French, and their skincare formula as Swiss. 
#7. High-end manufacturing
Their manufacturing equipment is state-of-the-art and up to the highest standards. It’s GMP certified and ISO 9001-2008 certified. 
Manufacturing standards were recently updated with an ISO 9001-2015 certification, which they don’t appear to have, but it is fairly new and a lot of companies are still adjusting.
#6. 10%-20% “Savings on consumption”
Vestige Marketing calls the distributor discount of 10%-20% a “Savings on Consumption.” Of course, this is also your commission on personal sales, should you make any. Clearly, the focus when it comes to income is placed on recruiting.
While 20% is on the lower end of the standard range for commission, earning less than that is a pretty poor commission rate.
#5. Seven bonuses
With Vestige Marketing, there are seven ways to earn:
- Savings on consumption: 10%-20%
- Accumulative performance bonus: 5%-20%
- Director bonus: 14%
- Leadership overriding bonus: 15%
- Travel fund: 3%
- Car fund: 5%
- House fund: 3%
To make up for their poor commission on personal sales, Vestige does offer one of the better performance bonuses in the industry.
#4. Travel fund? House fund? What?!
But you tell me someone’s gonna bankroll my trips to Greece and buy me that dream house in Malibu?
Silver Directors and above are allocated 3% of the company’s monthly BV which is translated into a point value. These points can then be used for company travel trips.
Alright, so not that different from the trip bonuses offered by other MLMs.
Crown Directors and above are allocated 3% of the company’s monthly BV which is translated into a point value. These points can be used toward mortgage payments. This bonus is pretty unique.
#3. Direct selling expected to grow immensely in India
The direct selling industry may see some rough patches in the states, but it is smooth sailing in India.
According to a recent report ‘Direct Selling: Dehli – A Global Industry, Empowering Millions’, direct selling is predicted to become a top industry by 2025.
The health and wellness, cosmetics, and household goods industries (of which Vestige Marketing is a part) are also expected to grow at 10-16%.
There is a bright future for Vestige in India, but…
#2. Rapid growth of direct selling in India could bring instability
Because direct selling, which is newer and less established in India, has been growing so quickly, it’s also gaining more attention from the government.
The report also implies that a slew of reforms will likely take place over the next decade as the government tries to ensure that companies are operating ethically and sustainably. We’ve seen MLMs get shut down time and time again in the U.S., so it wouldn’t be a surprise if this eventually started happening in India.
The question, then, is whether or not Vestige Market will be able to adapt and continue to grow amidst changing laws and regulations.
#1. The FSSAI has already asked Vestige to withdraw some products
In early 2016, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) issued directives to Vestige to withdraw some controversial products, in part because they never obtained the required approval to market them in the first place. 
However, the products were never withdrawn, and the FSSAI and the FDA have yet to find the power to enforce their directives.
While Vestige Marketing has a lot of good things going for them, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend them for a money-making opportunity.
Not a Vestige hater, I just think you could get more reward for your efforts elsewhere.
Look, I’ve been involved with network marketing for over ten years so I know what to look for when you consider a new opportunity.
After reviewing 200+ business opportunities and systems out there, here is the one I would recommend: