Love luscious perfumes and cosmetics? You’ll likely love FM!
FM World is a multi-level marketing company selling a variety of perfumes, cosmetics, and sweet-smelling household items.
Artur Trawinski founded the company in Poland in 2004, and since then, the company has grown to include offices in 50 countries. The company features a clear mission to create products that can be enjoyed, shared, and used to create financial freedom.
If the past growth of the company is any indication, FM World should have a bright future ahead of it.
1. What does FM World sell? FM World is known for their perfumes, but they also sell skin care, cosmetics, scented cleaning products, teas and coffees.
2. What are FM World’s most popular products? FM’s bestsellers are their perfumes. They have a variety of fragrances for both women and men, each containing 20% of the fragrance essence and available in 50ml bottles. Their Luxury Collection contains more than 150 fragrances.
3. How much does it cost to join FM World? You may join the FM World Club by filling out their online registration form. As a member, you’ll enjoy discounts on FM World’s products, but you can’t resell the products. To become a seller, you must buy their Starter kit, which contains fragrance samples and marketing materials.
4. Is FM World a scam? FM World is a legitimate business selling products in over 40 countries across Europe, America, Australia, Africa, and Asia. While their products aren’t available in any stores, customers can buy their products from their distributors, known as Business Partners.
FM World’s credibility is established through the business awards they’ve been winning since 2010: The Business Gazelle 2010 for FM Group Poland and 2010 & 2011 for FM Group World; Forbes Diamond in 2013 for FM Group Poland; Certificate of Business Credibility in 2013 for FM Group World; Certificate of Ethical Sales Management and Customer Service, National Champion title, in 2015 by European Business Awards.
5. What is FM World’s BBB rating? FM World has no BBB rating.
6. How long has FM World been in business? Since 2004
7. What is FM World’s revenue? We weren’t able to find information on their revenue.
8. How many FM World distributors are there? More than one million operating in all major international markets
9. What lawsuits have been filed? There don’t appear to be any lawsuits against FM World.
10. Comparable companies: Mary Kay, Avon, Monat
So should you jump on the FM World train?
Product-wise this company might be legit, but if you’re just interested in the business opportunity, there are better options out there…
Click here for my #1 recommendation
Either way, here’s the full review on FM World.
The base product of FM World has always been perfume, but the company has expanded its product line to include cosmetics, cleaning products, beverages, and more. FM Group’s products can be separated into the following categories:
- Perfume – The company’s website lists five distinct collections of perfume products, all with different types of scents.
- Body Care – There are 10 groups of body products listed on the FM World website. Again, each World is specifically designed for the specific needs and desires of the customer.
- Makeup Cosmetics – There are six lines of makeup offered by FM World, including face, eye, and lip make up, as well as makeup remover and cosmetics designed for kids.
- Household Products – Five distinct types of household products, including cleaners, home fragrance items, pet cosmetics, and car cosmetics.
- Coffee – FM World has three lines of coffee: natural coffees, functional coffees, and flavored coffees, all with a distinct set of products.
- Tea – Four distinct types of tea.
The FM World prides itself on having products that can be sold at all kinds of social gatherings. Since its products can be tested and sampled, it’s easy for customers to find something they like.
The specifics of the company’s compensation plan are difficult to determine, as they may differ from one country to another. Not only that, most of the information that’s available online is written in Polish, with no English translation.
That said, there appear to be four methods of earning income:
- Personal Network Marketing – Earning profits for each product sold to customers.
- Volume Commission – An added commission based on the amount of sales made over the course of a month.
- Team Commission – An added commission based on the total sales of a distributor’s team.
- Orchid bonuses – By rising to new levels within the company, distributors may earn the right to take part in a monthly worldwide bonus.
Here are some pros about FM World:
Although specifics are hard to come by on the company’s website, all indications are that joining FM World comes with a minimal startup fee outside of the cost of buying products at a discounted price, nor is there a monthly fee or quota to remain a distributor.
This is obviously a positive aspect of FM World, making it easy for distributors to sign up and allowing them to do so without putting themselves into immediate debt. This helps to lower the risk of joining, which is important for a business whose foundations are in a foreign country.
On top of the low startup cost, FM World also has an extensive product line, which is advantageous to distributors. The company’s high volume of products can help a distributor gain entry into a number of potentially fruitful markets.
FM World even has a number of products that are specifically designed for kids, a market that is often overlooked in the multi-level marketing industry. The presence of kid-oriented products opens up the market for distributors even more and becomes a distinguishing trait of FM World compared to similar businesses.
Finally, the company’s history and the fact that FM World is still in the relatively early stages of global expansion speak to the opportunity it offers for distributors. With more established MLM firms, the market may be saturated in terms of the number of distributors, which can make it difficult to find new customers and develop a team.
However, with FM World still in the process of expanding its footprint, there is plenty of new territory for distributors to conquer, allowing a lot of room for growth (1).
Here are some cons about FM World:
Ironically, FM World’s international presence may actually be a hindrance. There are differences, most minor but some meaningful, in the way the company operates in different countries.
The biggest concern for potential distributors in the U.S. and Canada is that the company’s offices in the U.K are handling applications for distributors in North America. This immediately adds a complication to the process.
Moreover, at the moment, the company’s U.K. offices are not shipping to the U.S. and Canada. Thus, those wishing to sign on with FM World need to make arrangements with someone in the U.K. in order to receive products.
It’s easy to see why this may make membership more trouble than it’s worth.
Another issue with the FM World is with regard to its training of distributors. Many have complained that training is only available for those at a certain level of the company. This means that newcomers and those just starting out in the MLM industry may not receive proper training from the company. Obviously, these are the people who need training the most, which can make it difficult to experience success early in their tenure.
While FM does have some distributor materials written in English, the materials on their website are written in Polish. That’s makes it difficult to evaluate the company and its products — and could make it difficult to sell the products in an English-speaking country.
It’s hard to deny that FM World is a good company with a promising future. It has a global presence, an impressive product line, and may have only scratched the surface of what it’s capable of accomplishing.
On top of that, the financial risks of joining the company as a distributor are relatively low, making it a good fit for both casual multi-level marketers and those hoping to carve out a full-time job.
However, the complications of getting on board with a foreign-based company should give you pause. Until the company is able to distribute its products directly to members in the U.S. and Canada, it may not be worthwhile to explore a relationship with FM World.
Look, I’ve been involved with network marketing for over ten years so I know what to look for when you consider a new opportunity.
After reviewing 200+ business opportunities and systems out there, here is the one I would recommend:
FM Cosmetics is actually a Polish Company.
Training is available to all new recruits. And much is to be found
Those Distributors who are higher up the ladder do receive more
training as their responsiblity grows morewith a higher position.
Thanks for your comments, Jacqueline!
Just an update for your review.
FM now shop direct from Poland to the US and Canada and there is a specific department that deals with their orders.
thanks for the balanced review if a little inaccurate.
I’ve been with the company for almost a month and I can say with certainty that there is plenty of training for starters. In fact they run trainings every weekday morning in their FB group.
You can in fact see products and retail prices if you know someone who’s already a distributor who can provide you with what amounts to their affiliate link.
so, the info isn’t hidden away as some reviewers seem to suggest.
Ok, thanks for that Darren.