When you see this MLM’s website, you’ll be hooked…
The products are attractive. Modere seems dedicated to creating a business that’s good for you and the Earth. And every purchase feeds a child.
Still, you have to wonder how simply sharing the love can help you rise through the ranks.
Modere is a multi-level marketing company that sells personal care and common household products. The company was founded in 1987 as Images and Attitudes… was renamed Neways International in 1992… relaunched in 2015 as Modere.
They seem to be honestly dedicated to their values: Modere has its own manufacturing facility that operates solely on wind power, and they sell their products primarily through social networking websites.
The company is off to a promising start and has a chance to establish itself as a strong and trustworthy company.
1. What does Modere sell? Modere sells health and wellness, personal care, and household care products that give you safe, effective, clean label options on the products you use every day. Their goal is to help you reduce or eliminate your exposure to controversial chemicals, so your family can be safe and healthy in the home environment.
2. What are Modere’s most popular products? Modere has a unique line of anti-aging products: Mineral Supplement leads the way, with over $1 billion in sales. Collagen Sciences products are relatively new — they support joint, muscle and connective tissue health; counteract skin photoaging; restore youthful skin; and support healthy hair, nails, gums, and eyes. The Lean Body Sculpting System includes products that burn fat and promote lean body composition.
3. How much does it cost to join Modere? Step 1 is to choose your Starter Kit (the least expensive costs $49.99). Step 2 is choosing your standing monthly order. There are 5 options, most of which are $99.99.
4. Is Modere a scam? No, Modere is a legitimate business. Anyone may visit their website and purchase their products. To ensure the quality of their products, Modere has a Scientific Board of scientists, medical doctors, and industry experts who offer insight into the latest nutrition science trends and holistic well-being.
5. What is Modere’s BBB rating? B
6. How long has Modere been in business? Most resources, including the BBB, say the company was started in 1992. However, Bloomberg reports it was founded in 1987 — which explains the company’s celebration of 30+ years in business.
7. What is Modere’s revenue? $4.9 million
8. How many Modere distributors are there? Modere hasn’t published any statements about the number of distributors, aka Social Marketers, who are working with them.
9. What lawsuits have been filed? In 2016, Nerium International accused Modere of stealing Nerium’s sales force and customers.  In 2017, AdvoCare sued Modere for interference with contract, trade secret misappropriation, and civil conspiracy.  In 2018, a lawsuit was filed against Modere by Jessie Lee Ward for defamation, emotional distress, interference with business relations, and conspiracy. 
So should you get involved with Modere?
Product-wise this company might be legit, but if you’re just interested in the business opportunity, there are better options out there…
Either way, here’s the full review on Modere.
Modere has a rather large collection of products, most of which fall into one of three categories:
- Personal Care – Several lines of personal care products, including those specifically designed for skin, hair, body, and mouth care, as well as a line designed for men.
- Health & Wellness – Several lines of health and wellness products with a focus on anti-aging, weight management, active health, and several more targeted areas of health and nutrition.
- Household Care – A smaller collection of products, but one that includes laundry detergent, kitchen cleaning products (see: Norwex or Amway), and more.
Modere invites consumers of its products to become part of the company as representatives — known as “Social Marketers” who share the love. These marketers pay a startup cost of $49.99 but are encouraged to buy an Ultimate Collection package for $699.99. Buying this package increases the number of ways that marketers can earn income from the company.
The full compensation plan offered by Modere is quite extensive and rather complicated. Part of the reason for this is because there is no shortage of bonus and incentive programs set up by the company, including the following:
- Customer POD Bonus
- Promoter Development Bonus
- First Order Bonus & Get 3 Doubler
- Monthly Team Builder Bonus
- Generational Unilevel
- Dynamic Team Leader & Director Bonus
- 4 & More Elite Bonus
- Leadership Development Bonus
- Coded Mentor Bonus
- Power Bonus
Marketers also take part in a points system in which they can earn gifts, free shipping, product samples, and other incentives.
Here are some pros about Modere:
One part of Modere that stands out above most other multi-level marketing companies is its transparency. The company has an in-house Lifestyle Advisory Board that examines the company’s products and makes recommendations on any changes that need to be made on a yearly basis.
Modere also floods its website with information about its products, as well as advice for customers who use them or are considering using them. This is definitely a rarity in the multi-level marketing industry, and this kind of transparency by Modere is a great effort by such a young company to build trust with potential consumers.
Modere also stands out in the stance it takes on important issues that companies often overlook. The company is strict about not placing any potentially harmful ingredients in its products, which is not something that can be said about all multi-level marketing firms, especially those that sell health and wellness products.
Modere is also committed to selling its products in packaging that’s 100% recyclable, making them a company that’s eco-friendly .
Finally, the bonus and incentive programs Modere offers its independent marketers beyond profits from retail sales is quite impressive. For instance, each month the company chooses one marketer to win a Lifetime Experience. This can include premium access to concerts or sporting events, a skydiving trip, six months worth of massages, access to a personal stylist, and among other options that are equally amazing. This is on top of the vast array of bonuses and other perks the company offers to its top-performing marketers.
Here are some cons about Modere:
The downside of Modere’s compensation plan is that it can be difficult to make a meaningful amount of money for those who are new to multi-level marketing or only have a casual interest in it. Commissions on retail sales are modest at best and will force marketers to grow a large customer base to make money.
There are also auto-ship requirements for those marketers unable to reach a certain volume of sales, which is difficult for MLM newcomers to afford. On top of that, the Plus Collection package, which the company says is the most popular enrollment kit, costs $499.99, which is on the high end compared to other MLM companies.
In addition to some of the difficulties those new to multi-level marketing may experience with Modere, there’s little evidence that the company provides any kind of training to its marketers.
This isn’t all that surprising for a company that’s young and still trying to find its place, but without any kind of training or guidance outside of telling marketers to get their family and friends on board, it will be difficult to rise through the ranks of Modere and take advantage of its exciting compensation plan.
Finally, and not so surprisingly, there is little information about Modere available online, so it’s difficult to assess whether it’s a company you want to work with.
There are some negative reviews of the company that suggest customer support isn’t reliable. And because of these reviews, the Better Business Bureau has only given it a rating of B.
Add to that the lawsuits that have piled up over the last few years, and you have to wonder if Modere has ethical business standards you can trust.
The fact that so little information is available from the Better Business Bureau and elsewhere online is a bit puzzling, especially when you consider that Modere conducts so much of its business through social media sites. A company that’s actively pursuing a social media presence should have more information about it available online.
Joining a young company like Modere is almost always going to be a risky venture, simply because there isn’t enough feedback from those within the company.
From what we can gather, Modere’s compensation plan is not conducive to someone who’s new to multi-level marketing or someone who lacks proper sales and marketing training. However, those that do such skills might have a decent opportunity to advance in a company that offers plenty of bonus opportunities and unique incentives.
Just don’t expect to get rich from this gig. There are better options if you are looking to make sustainable money…
Look, I’ve been involved with network marketing for over ten years so I know what to look for when you consider a new opportunity.
After reviewing 200+ business opportunities and systems out there, here is the one I would recommend: